Monday, April 18, 2011

In the presence of a King...

I had the most incredible privilege and a great opportunity yesterday to preach at the Gospel Service on our post we serve at.  It was as you know, Palm Sunday and I shared from the Word the story from Mark about the triumphal entry of Jesus into the city.

I unpacked the  context of the passage as well as the historical importance that we see there.  When you understand the context, the text becomes alive and fresh.  We see there that the King to be, Jesus the Son of God, came into Jerusalem not to take over as earthly king that the people wanted but He came into town to announce His plan to complete the assignment that the Trinity had in place from eternity past to secure the possibility for you and I to enter into a personal relationship with Him.  He then, becomes my King, my Savior, my Master, my Lord and my Friend!  With all that in place and having happened, I now am in the presence of a King.

In addition to the preaching at the service, I also had a unique privilege and honor to have in our service in the front row, a modern day king.  One of the worshippers with us on Sunday is a king in Africa.  When I was preaching, I realized that not only was I sharing about the King of Kings, but, in my presence was a king,

I was humbled by that fact.  The reality of serving our Eternal King and now I serve alongside and worship with a king.  What an honor!

How is it, we don't treat our Heavenly King with the honor and respect He deserves?  When you talk with our friend that is a king, he is so humble, focused on Jesus for himself, his family and his people and it is an honor to know him and together, we serve the King of Kings and Lord of Lord.

Next time you begin to worship at church, remember that you are in the presence of a King.  We are to honor Him, love Him, worship Him, serve Him and be low before Him.  The question is how often do you and I realize and recognize this?

1 comment:

  1. When I read your post I thought of cowboys. (poker hand)By the time that I finished your post I thought about our King. Thanks for the message.
    Brother in Christ
    Darell

    ReplyDelete